The dining on the Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady is amazing. The set up and design of dining is very different from other cruise ships. There are many options and types of food. Great for the foodie in you.
- The Galley – The Galley is the equivalent to what would be a buffet on another cruise ship, with a huge twist. You can stand at each of these restaurants and grab your food. If you choose to eat in you can grab a table and they will wait on you. You simply scan the QR code and a server will take your order and bring you food straight to your table. It is an amazing option that supersedes the idea of everyone crowded around a buffet. Fresh made to order food, always fresh and delicious.
- The Sweet Side – The sweet side of the Galley. You can find breakfast pastries in the morning, they have desserts for lunch and dinner. Fresh Fruit is available all day.
- Burger Bar – Just like it sounds: burgers, burgers and more burgers all day long. The Impossible Burger (no meat option) is amazing in taste and appearance.
- Diner and Dash – An All-American diner at sea. Omelets for breakfast, a BLT for lunch, chicken and potatoes for dinner. If you love to hit the diner this is a great option.
- The Daily Mix – Healthy bites all day long. They have bagels, oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast. Salad options for lunch. They will toss your salad anyway you choose. Soup options are also available for lunch and dinner.
- Bento Baby – Japanese bento box favorites. Traditional Japanese breakfast options and then bento boxes for lunch and dinner.
- Well Bread – Pastries and flatbreads.
- Hot off the Press – This is a great stop for the sandwich lover in you. No matter if it is a breakfast sandwich, or one for lunch or dinner this is an amazing place to grab a quick sandwich.
- Noodle Around – Ramen and miso options for dinner in the Galley.
- Let’s Taco Bout It – Designed to make you feel like you are at a taco truck it has awesome breakfast burritos in the morning, and vegetarian and meat option tacos the rest of the day.
- Grounds Club Too – Get your morning cup of coffee here in the Galley while you order your breakfast or plan your day.
- The Pizza Place – Located on Deck 7 Mid. All pizzas are made from scratch and you can order from the menu or create your own. The Pesto Chicken Pizza was amazing!
- Lick Me Till… Ice Cream – Located on Deck 7 Mid. This has great ice cream flavors such as strawberry malt milkshake, key lime pie, butter pecan and more. You can choose from a bowl or three choices of waffle cones (vanilla, chocolate or red velvet). For even more fun join the game show for a chance to name the flavor of the day!
- The Dock – An outdoor Casual dining restaurant on Deck 7 Aft. This has a great drink menu for you to enjoy while you sit on the deck and have some amazing Mediterranean inspired dishes. Open Fire includes options like hangar steak, grilled shrimp, and octopus. You can also eat from the Mezze cart on falafel, watermelon and feta salad, kataifi balls and more.
- The Dock House – A casual indoor place to relax and visit with your friends or loved ones. Enjoy the same amazing Mediterranean menu that you have at the Dock.
- Pop Star – Need to cool off while at the pool? Pop to the Pop Star stand and get a popsicle. You can get traditional pops or upgrade to an adult version of the cooling treat.
- Sun Club Café – Love Poke? This is your place, located Deck 15 Mid ship port side. They have traditional poke bowls in tuna, salmon, arctic char and even chicken, if you are not a seafood lover.
- The Social Club Diner – Located on Deck 7 Mid-Aft. This is great for a quick bite or a shake. Enjoy hotdogs and pretzels along with some fun shake flavors as well. They also have a small candy bar.
- Grounds Club – Located on Deck 7 is your go to for a cup of joe. Delicious coffee and pastries are available to help you get your morning started or keep your day going strong.
Table Service Dining
All Table Service restaurants take advance reservations. The reservations can be made prior to sailing through the app. However, if you are a sailor who does not like to plan in advance you can check in and wait for a table as well.
- Razzle Dazzle Restaurant – This Vegan forward restaurant has lots of personality. Located on Deck 5 Mid Ship. It has many offerings including a mushroom tartare appetizer that I was told was amazing. (I don’t eat mushrooms) I had the cobb salad appetizer and a steak from the “secret menu”. Food and service were amazing.
- The Wake – The Wake is located at the rear of the ship on deck 6. However, the check in for this restaurant is on deck 7. Beautifully decorated with great views and a stunning white baby grand piano. The food is surf and turf. The filet was cooked perfectly. The sides are created to be shared easily among two people. Bread is served in a little pot and was incredible. Save room for dessert as they have amazing choices. I had the lemon meyer cheesecake and it did not disappoint.
This restaurant also serves breakfast and lunch. You can make a reservation or walk in. The steak and eggs for breakfast were cooked perfectly, very fresh and made to order.
- The Test Kitchen – This is a great concept for a restaurant. It gives you the ability to combine science and culinary to create dining options. This six course meal is built to allow you to sample an amazing array of options. There is a drink package available specifically for this restaurant.
- Extra Virgin – The Italian restaurant on board that includes fresh made pasta. Rumor is that the head chef worked under Gordan Ramsey. The Bolognese pasta was amazing. I would recommend the meatballs for the appetizer and the charcuterie board was delicious. Great atmosphere and service.
- Gunbae – The first Korean barbeque restaurant at sea! You are seated family style around a hot grill to create your dinner. Soju flows freely. They have lots of seafood options. I had the dakgangjeong for a small bites appetizer and it was amazing. The japchae noodles were delicious. Main entrees include things such as octopus, squid, shrimp, marinated beef spare ribs and pork belly. They only offer one option for dessert; it is rice milk and black sesame twist ice cream. They give you mini marshmallows, miso caramel sauce and a granola topping. It was so delicious.
- Pink Agave – The Mexican restaurant on board and it was amazing. If you like mezcal they have over 40 varieties on board. That is more than any other ship at sea. The guacamole and chips were delicious. The corn appetizer was probably the best thing I had there, it was really yummy. The enchilada appetizer was made with chicken and verde sauce. I would have loved a much larger portion with extra verde sauce, so good. Entrees include duck tacos, beef, pork and vegetarian options as well. The food here was amazing, and talking among sailors was one of my favorites.
- Room Service – Room Service is available for a $5 fee. You can order as much as you would like to include canned beverages and alcohol for your room. I ordered breakfast and had them bring some additional options from the Coffee Shop to have snacks in the room. They also brought 4 cans of Diet Coke to keep in the refrigerator in my room.
Food is not an issue on the Scarlet Lady. The menus, preparation and taste are far beyond normal cruise cuisine. There are so many choices and options of where to eat. that the issue was not having enough meals to try everything!
For help planning your Virgin Voyages Cruise, please fill out this form to get started!
Thanks to Embrace the Journey Travel Planner, Angel Waite, for writing this blog post for us. You can learn more about Angel here.