My last blog left you just as I was getting out of the car after my airport transfer at Royalton Saint Lucia!
Located in the northwestern portion of the island, 1 hour and 30 minutes from the airport, you will find the beautiful Royalton Saint Lucia Resort and Spa.
Upon entering the lobby guests are greeted by the friendly staff and modern style of the resort. This resort welcomes families, couples, and groups and is a wonderful choice for destination weddings.
Upon arrival, I was greeted warmly, offered a fruity drink, and whisked away to the Diamond Club Lounge for the private check-in process. After signing a few forms, my butler met me and escorted me to my Luxury Penthouse One Bedroom Suite Ocean View Terrace Jacuzzi Diamond Club, which was pure perfection.
At 1237 square feet, this suite claimed the very best location in the resort and the top floor terrace provided the most amazing views, complete with a huge outdoor jacuzzi. The spacious suite included a sitting room with a double sofa bed, dining table with bar area, separate bedroom with king bed, and two bathrooms!
The Royalton Saint Lucia offers luxury accommodations in 3 distinct resort settings so there is a perfect room category for everyone.
- The family-friendly section offers modern rooms ranging from junior suites to one-bedroom suites.
- Adults traveling without children can stay in the Hideaway section offering adults-only spaces such as exclusive pools, beaches, and restaurants.
- Guests looking for ultimate luxury can upgrade to the Diamond Club which offers butler service, private check-in, lounge, and exclusive beach and pool areas.
Dining, Drinks, and Entertainment at The Royalton Saint Lucia:
All-inclusive resort accommodations allow you to enjoy the buffet, quick snacks, and a la carte dining or opt to stay in for room service! Enjoy a wide variety of cuisine options such as Italian, Asian, Seafood, Tex-Mex, and my favorite, Hunter’s Steakhouse.
Be sure to enjoy a drink by the pool, on the beach, or at the sports bar while you meet other guests from around the world! I met the sweetest family visiting from London while hanging out in the Diamond Club pool.
I loved the nightly entertainment with a different show being offered each night. On my trip, my favorite was the “Silent Disco Party!”
Ready to dance the night away? Head to SCORE Sports Bar for DJ and dancing until 2 am.
Diamond Club and Hideaway Section at The Royalton Saint Lucia:
If you can make it work with your budget, I highly recommend upgrading to the Diamond Club. I loved the exclusive infinity pool and the beach area was nicer and much quieter than the main beach area.
Upon checking in, I was given a cell phone to reach my personal butler for anything I needed throughout my trip. My butler made dining reservations at the a la carte restaurants, checked in on me each morning, even brought lunch and drinks on the beach.
Truly luxury at its finest!
I recommend that my honeymooners, anniversary guests, and couples stay in the Hideaway section of the resort. Although many of the areas of the resort are shared such as restaurants, bars, and main pool and beach area, Hideaway accommodations are located in the adults-only buildings and have access to an adults-only pool and bar as well as an adults-only dining at Dorado.
Here are the top amenities I LOVED:
- Modern, clean rooms
- The breathtaking view from my penthouse terrace
- Lots of dining options and 24-hour room service!
- Fun pool areas
- Nightly shows and entertainment
- Opportunity to upgrade to Diamond Club and/or Hideaway Section for extra luxury
- Friendly, accommodating staff (although my experience was that service was a little slow at the main lobby desk)
- The resort is located on the Caribbean side, so you will get the beautiful, blue Caribbean water.
- Moderate price point
Here are some important things to note:
- The transfer to this resort is fairly lengthy at a little over an hour and a half. The transfer from the airport is gorgeous, but winding, so if you are prone to motion sickness bring medication. Read about my airport transfer in my previous blog post.
- The beach is a “cove beach” so it is great for sunbathing and swimming, you will not be able to take long strolls on the beach from this resort.
- The a la carte restaurants do not require reservations, so if you arrive during main dining times 6:30-8:00 pm there may be a bit of a wait. Diamond Club guests are able to make reservations through their butler, eliminating wait times at the a la carte restaurants.
- You can preselect your room prior to arrival for $60 per room. If location is important to you and/or you are traveling with other families this will ensure you can be close to each other. I did not do this and loved the location of my room.
I highly recommend this resort for:
- Families (in particular those traveling with children ages 12 and under)
- Guests looking for a moderate resort to match their budget
- Multi Generational Travel (grab siblings, cousins, and grandparents as there is something for everyone!)
- Honeymooners and Anniversary Trips (Hideaway Section)
- Weddings (guests with children can stay in the main resort area and the wedding couple in the Hideaway section!
Make sure to read Part One of this series if you haven’t already: LET HER INSPIRE YOU – SAINT LUCIA PART 1
The next blog in the series is: Which Sandals Resort in Saint Lucia is Right for You?
Thanks to Embrace the Journey Travel Planner, Andrea Cassidy for writing this blog post for us. You can learn more about Andrea here.