One of the questions I have heard most often is “where can we go for an affordable and awesome beach vacation in the US?” Clearwater and St. Pete definitely provide both of those things.
When to Visit
- Clearwater and St Pete are great destinations all year round.
- Beachgoers, March to October offers warm weather and amazing beaches.
- Even during the winter, there are so many places to visit and things to do so that Clearwater and St Pete are a great choice.
State Parks to Visit
Many Families and couples love to explore all that nature has to offer. Clearwater and St Pete have so many outdoor activities that go far beyond just beautiful beaches. There are several State Parks that provide many other activities.
- Sand Key Park
- Go hiking through the beautiful 95 acres of trails. See wildlife and relax in the serene views and quiet of nature.
- The beaches are a huge draw. The beach at Sand Key Park is beautiful, and it has not only swimming and Cabana Rentals, but also Kayak rentals.
- Salt Marshes at Sand Key are perfect for sitting on the viewing benches and watching the wildlife. It is also a great place to go and sketch if you love to draw nature.
- There is also a Park area for family fun. You can have a picnic, play on the playground, or even play with your dog at the dog park.
- Honeymoon Island
- A beautiful location for taking a hike or a Bicycle ride.
- There is a lot of wildlife to view even if you are just taking a stroll.
- Honeymoon Island is also the Ferry Terminal to go to Caladesi Island.
- Caladesi Island State Park
- Allows for many outdoor activities and is accessible by Ferry or boat.
- There are opportunities to go boating, try your hand at fishing, go Paddling or even hold a beautiful wedding in a dream location. Nature and beauty surround you.
Attractions and Places to Visit
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium was my kids favorite place to visit at Clearwater. They love the Dolphin Tale Movies, and getting to see Winter and Hope made it an amazing experience. Learning about all the wildlife and the way the rescue works was amazing. The highlight of this trip is having your picture taken with Winter.
- Pier 60 is a hotspot in Clearwater. It is home to the Sugar Sands festival in the fall. It’s home to live entertainment, sand sculptures and so much for families and children to do. They also have a nightly Sunset Celebration. The view here is second to none and the street performers make it an event not to miss.
- Want something to do with the kids? Captain Memo’s Pirate Cruise is a blast. It’s a two hour cruise complete with a treasure hunt, face painting and storytelling. The kids will have memories for a lifetime.
- Step back and relax and take a ride on the Jolley Trolley. It is a drive-free way for you to connect to many areas on the beach.
Where to Stay
- Sheraton SandKey Resort is located in Sand Key Park and is located directly on the beach. It includes beautiful accommodations, and lots of extras like Beach Volleyball, Tennis and even Eco Tours.
- Sand Pearl Resort is beautiful and on the beach. It has a zero entry lagoon style pool, fire pits in the evening, and a Kids Club. This allows mom and dad to relax at the pool or on the beach while the kids have an amazing time playing with others their own ages.
- Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa is one of the most popular resorts. It has 10 acres of private beach front. It is located close to many attractions and has its own Tiki Bar.
- Winter the Dolphin Beach Club is a new, Eco Friendly Hotel. The daily resort fee of $9.95 per room goes directly to the rescue. You can immerse yourself in all things Winter and Hope. It sits on a beautiful beach. They host many educational presentations with the marine animals at the hotel, and you receive a discount when you visit the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
Whatever your reason for visiting Florida, you can find so many things to do at Clearwater and St Pete Beach. Many potential activities are not even listed above. You could charter a boat and go Deep Sea Diving, or take a Sunset Cruise and watch the Dolphins play in the water around you. Walk the beach hand in hand with your special someone. All of this and more happen every day in Clearwater and St Pete.
For help planning a beach vacation in Florida, Please fill out this form to get started!
Thanks to Embrace the Journey Travel Planner, Angel Waite, for writing this blog post for us. You can learn more about Angel here.