The Holiday Season in Orlando!
I love the Holiday Season in Orlando. There is something extra special about the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons in Orlando.
I have a breakdown of the incredible Holiday events in November, December, and the first of January.
Walt Disney World
The Holiday Season Starts at Walt Disney World in November. As soon as Halloween ends Christmas season begins. I love Walt Disney World year-round, but I find there is something extra special about the Holiday season.
Celebrate the Spirit of the Season – Beginning November 11, 2022
Magic Kingdom Park
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – A beloved holiday event is returning in 2022! Join Mickey for a festive celebration with live entertainment, spectacular fireworks, an oh-so-jolly parade and more — select nights in November and December. Separate admission is required for this special event.
- Castle Projections – Watch in awe as Cinderella Castle is transformed with cheerful holiday projections — which rotate with the Beacon of Magic projections (presented on nights when Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is not offered).
- Seasonal Décor – Explore holly, jolly trimmings and theming throughout Main Street, U.S.A.
- Limited-Time Treats – Indulge in holiday-inspired food and beverages available for purchase at select locations.
- EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth – Beginning November 25, 2022, surround yourself with seasonal sights, sounds and flavors during a beloved extravaganza boasting themed Holiday Kitchens and a scrumptious Holiday Cookie Stroll.
- Candlelight Processional – Hear the stirring story of Christmas presented by a celebrity narrator, accompanied by an orchestra and massed choir — nightly from November 25 to December 30.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Overlay – This season, the Guardians are trading in their classic hits playlist for a mash-up of seasonal jams at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. Blast off to the tune of an awesome holiday single, bringing joy to Xandar and Terra, too.
- More Holiday Entertainment – Behold heartwarming performances around World Showcase, including Canadian Holiday Voyageurs, Las Posadas with Mariachi Cobre, the Chinese Lion Dance and holiday storytellers.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Sunset Seasons Greetings – Gaze in wonder as the Hollywood Tower Hotel is transformed nightly by holiday projections, alternating with the Beacon of Magic.
- Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine – Don’t miss Minnie’s merry mealtime at this popular restaurant. Reservations are strongly recommended.
- Santa Claus Motorcade – Catch the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade, where old St. Nick will travel up Hollywood Blvd. in his candy-apple red convertible, packed with a sack of presents!
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration – Look forward to an unforgettable holiday finale featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf.
- Dazzling Holiday Décor – Discover seasonal style at every turn — including special holiday touches in Toy Story Land.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Merry Menagerie – Delight in winter wonders as Discovery Island springs to life with artisan-sculpted puppets of arctic animals — like penguins, reindeer, foxes and polar bears.
- Santa Claus Festive Flotilla – See Santa Claus as he sails down the Discovery River to a jolly, world-beat holiday soundtrack.
- Discovery Island Drummers Festive Flotilla – Feel the beat as a colorful group of percussionists cruise along the Discovery River, entertaining Guests like you on the shore.
- Plus, be sure to check out holiday-themed décor and Tree of Life Awakenings – Holiday Edition, where our beloved tree shimmers and sparkles each evening, accompanied by a heartwarming musical score.
One of My Favorite Christmas Events at Walt Disney World
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Delight in the jolly Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks show!
- Gather to watch Disney Characters give a yuletide nod to the season during Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.
- Explore each land throughout Magic Kingdom park and discover iconic attractions.
- Get the perfect picture with Disney pals dressed in their Christmas best!
- Make your night extra sweet when you explore the park searching for cookies and cocoa.
- Take in the elaborate decorations that bring the spirit of the season to life!
Holidays at Universal Orlando Resort
Then we hop over to Universal Resorts, which has its own unique holiday events.
These are a few of the amazing festivities:
- Holiday spirit with seasonal shows and decorations in both lands of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™
- Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s.
- The Grinchmas™ Who-liday Spectacular starring the Grinch™ in Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
- Seasonal Sweets and Treats
You can find out more here.
Christmas Celebration – runs from November 11 – December 31, 2022.
The park is transformed into a winter wonderland sparkling with over 3 million beautiful lights. If you love animals, it’s a great way to celebrate both holidays and see some of your favorite animals up close and personal.
Disney Cruise Line
During the Holiday Season, Disney Cruise Line offers:
Very Merrytime Cruises – These cruises are filled with Holiday events and surprises. The Merrytime Cruise is a real treat.
All events are subject to change at any time but were current as of the publication of this blog.
There are many more special events like New Year’s Eve Celebrations, Thanksgiving Celebrations and special meals on Thanksgiving day.
If you are traveling during the Holiday season, reach out to your journey planner about the special events taking place during your trip.
If you are not booked yet but would like to travel, our team at Embrace the Journey Travel would love to help you plan a magical holiday trip.