There is so much information out there on what you need to bring on a cruise, but we want to give our clients the best information all in one place. We pulled together a list of the necessities to pack as well as some suggestions of extras! Obviously there are certain restrictions based on cruiseline, which we will add as we get questions from our clients.
Let’s dive in!
Must Haves in Carry On
- Travel Documents
- Identification / Passports
- Luggage Tags
- Tip Money
- Small first aid kit
- Swimsuit (or 2 depending on length of cruise)
- Beach cover up
- Flip flops or beach/water shoes
- Walking shoes
- Evening shoes
- Sleepwear, underwear, socks
- Casual beach wear (think sundress or shorts and tanks/t-shirts)
- Light sweater or shawl for chilly nights or venues
- SPF shirts / clothing
- Evening wear – some cruise ships have formal night so pack a dressy outfit, sports coat, collared shirts, or cocktail dress
- Sunscreen (make sure it’s reef-friendly)
- Anti-itch cream and aloe for aftersun
- Bug spray or wipes
- Hat or visors
- Reusable water bottle
- Waterproof phone case / dry bag / Ziploc bag
- Chargers for devices (including portable chargers)
- Lanyard to hold your room key and cash for tips
Additional Items for Families
- Night light
- Magnet hooks to hang things
- Laundry bag
- Download shows/videos/music before boarding if you won’t have internet access
- Collapsible beach toys (like these or these) or your own snorkels so you don’t have to buy any
- Wet bag for laundry / wet swimsuits
- Beach bag: to help carry things to the beach or pool daily
- Workout clothes
- Check cruise line policy on bringing beverages on board – you may be able to bring alcohol or other liquids onboard with restrictions.
What would you add to this packing list: Caribbean cruise edition?
Reach out today if you’re interested in booking a cruise, or any type of travel! Our expert travel planners would love to help.