Welcome to Day 2 of my experience at the D23 Expo!
I did not attend the Expo on Saturday. I know there was a lot of great content with movie studios panels and more!
So here we are on Sunday, day 3 of the Expo. The last day of the Expo is often a bit quieter, but there is still a ton to see and do!
I started out Sunday bright and early at the Parks Panel! What an experience this was!
Here are few of the highlights we got to see and hear about:
- The panel was opened by a special performance of Happily Ever After by Jordan Fisher and he announced the show is coming back to Magic Kingdom in 2023.
- We were visited by Jon Favreau who told us about the Mandalorian coming to the parks very soon. It was so fun to see him in person and hear him talk about how much Star Wars means to him.
- Kevin Feige (the Marvel head honcho!) arrived and told us about the Hulk coming to Disney’s California Adventure and then the Hulk himself came out! That was crazy. He was so huge! Kevin also gave a little teaser of the new Avengers ride coming to Avengers Campus. It’s going to be amazing!
- Anika Noni Rose gave a performance of a medley of songs from The Princess and the Frog and had the whole crowd on their feet! Then we got to hear about the new re-imagining of Splash Mountain to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. I can’t wait for that!
- We also got to hear some “big dreaming” about Walt Disney World and some changes they would like to make down the line. Big things like a Villains land in Magic Kingdom or re-theming Dinosaur land to Zootopia at Animal Kingdom. It was really fun to hear those “big dreams” that we usually don’t get to hear.
- They gave us a sneak peek at the new Disney Treasure ship coming to Disney Cruise Line. Just look at this gorgeous grand atrium!
It was SUCH a fun panel and we were even given some goodies on the way out.
Lottery System for Panels
D23 Expo used a lottery system this year for panel reservations. You told them which panels you wanted to attend and then they randomly assigned a reservation for at least one panel. This allows you to avoid the long standby line to be able to attend these highly sought after panels.
I was lucky and my husband got a reservation for the Parks Panel and I was able to attend with him as his guest.
My daughter attended a panel about the makeup and wardrobe for American Horror Story and she said it was really fascinating. There are so many really cool panels at the Expo!
Cruising the Show Floor
After the Parks Panel I went to explore the show floor some more.
I visited the Walt Disney Animation Studios booth where they were celebrating 100 years!
Then I saw some really fun photo ops at the Walt Disney Studios and Pixar booths. Here is one for an upcoming movie.
Then at the Pixar booth I got to give Mei a hug! She was so cuddly.
I hope you enjoyed my recap of the D23 Expo! It really is a fun experience that my whole family enjoys. Make sure to check out my Day 1 experience!
It usually is held every 2 years so the next one should be in 2024.
I’ll leave you with this beautiful quote from Walt Disney. A strong reminder that a company is nothing without the whole team.
“Whatever we accomplish belongs to our entire group, a tribute to our combined effort.”
Let The Embrace team help you plan your next Disney adventure by filling out this form.
Special thank you to Embrace the Journey Operations Coordinator, Joy Wolski, for writing this blog post for us. You can learn more about Joy here.