You need health and wellness travel in your life. We all know the last 15 to 16 months were not easy for any of us. Travel has opened back up, and I highly recommend a health and wellness getaway. It can be a short or long getaway, but a health and wellness getaway will help you recharge your mind, body, and soul.
What is health and wellness travel?
When travel is planned with a specific wellness-focused intention, this is wellness travel. This looks very different depending on your needs and wants. It can be a yoga retreat, a spa retreat, or a mediation getaway; there are unlimited choices. We suggest at least a week-long trip to get the full benefits of a health program at your resort.
Goals to have in mind
It can be good when planning wellness travel that you have an intention or goal with the trip in mind before starting the planning process.
- To get recharged, take a step back from daily life and focus on your health and wellbeing.
- Reconnect with nature
- To feel healthier and get in touch with your health goals.
- Expanding your knowledge on self-care and developing self-care routines.
- To jump-start your health goals.
- Enjoy peace and quiet.
- To escape the demands and stresses of everyday life.
Top areas in the USA for Health and Wellness Travel
Nature is an essential aspect of wellness tourism, so these areas have a big focus on that as well.
- New York
Many different destinations world wide also offer health and wellness travel.
A Day in Health and Wellness travel
This is an example of what your day could look like if you were staying at Palmaïa – The House of AïA:
You could begin your morning with a Movement Class and then drink fresh-squeezed juice and eat a healthy breakfast, then head to the spa for a treatment. These are two incredible options:
- Ginger Detox Massage
- A detoxifying massage with firming, draining and slimming effects. Using the ayurvedic properties of ginger and green tea, this treatment relieves, stimulates and remodels tissue while alleviating inflammation and tension through relaxation movements. You’ll feel a deep sense of energized wellness.
- Phyto Sensations
- PhytoRelax is a hemolytic technique whose foundation comes from Ayurvedic therapies such as acupressure and reflexology. The fusion of multiple massage techniques stimulates lymphatic points and activates blood circulations to eliminate toxins that cause cellulitis while improving the mood and correcting any energy imbalance.
Then, you could head back to your amazing room and take a nap, or head down to the beach, swim, and relax in the sun while soaking up the vitamin D. You can grab a healthy lunch, and then attend any of these relaxing activities in the evening.
Mind Classes: An infinite space to explore the internal worlds of our being.
- Mind Control
- Gravity Control
- Meditative Concert
- Talk with the Shaman
- Therapeutic Yoga
- Partner Yoga
- Natural Art
- Art Class
This is just one of the unlimited possibilities for health and wellness trips. I think after the last year that we could all agree it’s a great time to refocus on our health. When you’re ready to take a break and focus on your health, we are here to help you.
Stay tuned for next week as we dive into spa treatments you can enjoy during your health and wellness trip!
Ready to start planning your health and wellness trip? Please fill out this form to get started!