I love what I do and get just as excited about my clients’ trips as they do. When you are ready to create more lifetime memories, I’ll be there to help you plan a journey that is your dream.
My children have grown up traveling the world; because, we love different adventures! Each trip has been magical and unique as we have journeyed to various destinations including Florida, Hawaii, Caribbean, and more. I have a wonderful family that supports my full-time business as a Journey Planner.
Born, raised and still living in Kokomo, Indiana, about an hour north of Indianapolis, Bill and I have been married since 1993. Bill has served our country in the United States Marine Corps and currently is in the Indiana Army National Guard. Our family is military through and through! Our son Trevor (born in 1996) and our daughter Allie (born in 1997) as well as our daughter-in-law Amanda and granddaughter Emma (due any day!) complete our family. Allie is our special needs Princess with autism and is also non-verbal.
I enjoy spending time and laughing with my family, window shopping (I hate to spend money!) and traveling to warm, sunny, tropical places (the Florida Keys are a favorite!). My family and God are the priorities in my life.
My clients and their families are my joy!
I became a travel agent because I have always loved traveling and planning vacations. I enjoy visiting new and exciting places and wanted others to share in the same experiences that I have. I had dreamed about becoming a travel agent for years. I saw an agency looking for agents to join their agency and decided to give it a try. I found out that I enjoy planning trips for everyone so much! People love to travel to so many different destinations and making the change to Embrace The Journey Travel is the perfect fit for this for me and my clients. I absolutely love Embrace The Journey Travel!
My family and I really love the Florida Keys. We like to stay in Marathon which is right in the middle. This way we are close enough to visit Key West, Islamorada, and other little towns in the area. We just really like the laid back and relaxed feel without having to travel out of the United States. Trying the local restaurants wherever we are is one of our favorite things to do. We also love Hawaii and cruises to the Caribbean. Although, our daughter’s absolute favorite place in the world is Walt Disney World or Disneyland! I take her there as often as I can!
This was taken during our trip to Hawaii in 2003 to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. Our son was 7 years old and very interested in WWII history. USS Arizona Memorial and USS Missouri were a definite must visit for our family and should be for anyone visiting Oahu, Hawaii!
Hawaii, the Caribbean, Alaska, and Disney are some of my favorite destinations to book and plan for clients. I know Disney inside and out from my personal experiences taking our daughter. It’s so much fun helping first-time visitors to plan their own adventure there! I also enjoy booking groups whether it be to an all-inclusive resort or on a cruise. I really enjoy getting to know everyone during the planning process!
My experiences include travel:
- As a family with infants, toddlers, school-age children and teens
- With my special needs child/teen/young adult
- As a couple’s getaway
- For a girl’s weekend
- For a big sis/little bro weekend
- Stays in resorts from value to moderate to deluxe, giving me a well-rounded knowledge of what will work best for my clients.
My expertise focusses on:
- Traveling with a special needs individual (of all ages)
- Armed Forces families and Military discounts
- Groups: Land and Cruise
My services include:
- Custom tailoring a journey that’s perfect for your family, by using my knowledge and first-hand experience. Just like having a personal assistant, where you still have complete control over your vacation plans. Tell me your wants and needs and I’ll help you incorporate them into your plans.
- Booking dream journeys to most destinations in the world, including most cruise lines and all-inclusive vacations, Disney properties, Universal Orlando, Sandals & Beaches all-inclusive resorts, SeaWorld, and so much more!
- Helping you build an itinerary to make the most of your vacation time and money.
- Complimentary quotes and package building, as the commission is already included by travel vendors into the package.
- Being there from the time you book your vacation through completion of travel. If something happens during your vacation, I will do my best to take care of the problem so you can continue making memories and enjoying your break from everyday life!
Knowledge & Certifications
- Carnival Cruise Specialist
- Norwegian Cruise Line Specialist
- Royal Caribbean International Cruise Line Specialist
- RCCL U of WOW Expert
- RCCL Autism Friendly Certification
- MSC Cruises Specialist
- Sandals CSS (Certified Sandals Specialist)
- Hawaii Destination Specialist
- Jamaica Travel Specialist
- SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Specialist
- Universal Orlando Resort Specialist
- Disney College of Knowledge
- RIU Hotels & Resorts Specialist
- Karisma Resorts
- Legoland Resorts Specialist (Merlin Entertainment Groups Specialist)
Visit my Travel Leaders Profile!
She planned it all
We love using April for our vacation planning needs. Where ever you could think of to go, it seems April can help with you that. She plans every detail of your trip, gives you payment options to make it even more affordable and allows you to truly enjoy your vacation and RELAX!! – Reviewed by B. Young – Ocean Springs, Mississippi
April always goes the extra mile
April has helped our family plan multiple vacations over the years. April is knowledgeable, personable and always goes the extra mile to show she truly cares about your vacation experience. April has helped provide invaluable planning information specific to our family dynamic–we have two children born with disabilties–and we are grateful for her knowledge and willingness to share that knowledge with others. April has even helped plan our family gatherings in WDW for a group of 11. She’s amazing. I recommend April’s services to everyone I know and always do so without any hesitation. I know my friend and families will be well cared for in her hands. – Reviewed by Jaredsmomma – Kokomo, IN
She makes vacation easy
April was fantastic to work with, and made planning a vacation with 3 different families very easy! I gave April a very basic idea of what we were looking for and she made recommendations and skillfully guided us through the process. April checked up on us to make sure everything was going smoothly and followed up once we returned with a real genuine concern as to how the trip was. I would highly recommend April Watson to anyone looking for a true professional. – Reviewed by Sally – Youngsville, NC